Remember when Christmas jumpers were something to be ashamed of? The sight of Shakin Stevens in his snowflake adorned knitwear was enough to send shivers down the spine. Despite its obvious benefits to the contrary.
But we’ve seen an important (ahem ) cultural shift in the last few years when it comes to the humble Christmas jumper. Now something to be revered and desired, there’s even a National Christmas Jumper day in the lead up to Christmas. You’re no-one if you’re not donning your favourite Christmas jumper and sharing selfies of you rocking it at every opportunity.
Of course, Christmas jumpers are just a bit of fun, they’re silly. But we’ve said it before and we’ll say it again; it’s the silly stuff that matters.
Which is one of the reasons we’re getting in to the festive spirit by heading to the mighty Freeze Festival this year. And we’re going to be doing something pretty special whilst we’re there too. We’re giving festival goers a chance to become a part of history by taking part in an historic Guinness World Record attempt. Involving, you guessed it, Christmas jumpers. We’re hoping to get the record for the most Christmas jumpers in one place at one time. It will be pretty epic if we do and it’s going to be one hell of a party!
We’ll also be on hand to make sure phones don’t run out of battery with free charging points, not to mention free Wifi. As if that wasn’t enough, we may even be bringing a couple of friends along to the event…..
If you want a chance to win tickets to Freeze Festival, head over to Facebook at 2.30pm. We’ve got 3 pairs of tickets to give away.
All you need to do is answer the question we will post, in the comments below. Winners will be picked at random from all who enter. Winners will be announced at 5.30pm under all the comments.
Facebook Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. The competition (“Competition”) is being organised by Hutchison 3G UK Limited trading as Three, registered office: Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1EH (“Three”). References to “We” or “Us” means Three.
2. The Competition will start at 2.30 pm and closes at 5.00 pm on Tuesday 26 November 2013 (the “Competition Period”).
3. To be eligible for entry you must be a resident in the UK, have a Facebook account and be 18 years old or over. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving the prizes.
4. This Competition is not open to employees of Three or their families, its agents, contractors, consultants, or anyone professionally connected with the Competition. Further, we reserve the right to disqualify any entries which we deem, at our sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the Competition and any prize if awarded must be returned immediately.
5. To automatically qualify for entry, entrants must correctly answer the question posted on our Facebook page (Three UK) during the Competition Period by posting their answer in the comment box below the question, along with their first choice of day to attend the Freeze Festival (i.e. either Friday, Saturday or Sunday) (“Qualifying Entries”).
6. We reserve the right to remove any comments that we consider to contravene the spirit of this Competition. Any such entries will automatically be disqualified.
7. The available prizes are: 3 x pairs of tickets to the Freeze Festival 2013, one each for Friday 29th November 2013, Saturday 30th November and Sunday 1st December 2013.
8. There will be one winner for each prize. The winners of each prize will be selected by Three from the Qualifying Entries at random. Three’s decision is final.
9. The winners will be notified via a post on Facebook on 26November 2013. In order to claim the prize, you must notify Us, by email, of a UK address for us to despatch your prize to by [insert date] and the prizes will be despatched to the provided address by recorded delivery.
10. The winners will be responsible for any additional costs not associated with the claiming of the prize.
11. Only one entry is permitted per person.
12. The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. The prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions. The winners agree that the cost of and the responsibility for complying with such terms and conditions will be borne solely by the winners. We reserve the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value. Further, we reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering the prizes). No communications will be entered into by us regarding this.
13. All third party terms and conditions relating to the prizes are beyond our control.
14. This Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
15. Entrants agree that we may contact them from time to time with details of offers, prize draws and other marketing information and entrants may notify us if they do not wish to receive such information at any time you can opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Entrants agree to participate in related publicity and if a Three customer, in our forthcoming national digital poster campaign, including his/her name, general location and the month and year they joined Three (if applicable) as well as their image being used in any and all media.
18. We cannot accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed in transmission. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the Competition or prize draw or any prize connected with the Competition excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law for any loss or damage caused to the winner/s and/or companion/s arising out of these prizes.
19. Entry into the Competition signifies acceptance of these terms and of the entry instructions. We also reserve the right to amend the Competition terms at any time. These terms will be governed by English law.
We’re coming to Freeze Festival.