£109 for a one-night Worcestershire break for two, including breakfast, lunch and a two-course evening dinner at Gainsborough House Hotel with Great Little Breaks – enjoy a romantic stay in this gorgeous listed Georgian building
Today’s kgbdeal comes to you from the Wyre Forest district of Worcestershire, in an area which boasts scenic canals, picturesque churches and easy access to miles upon miles of countryside. Yes, we are of course talking about the ideally located town of Kidderminster, and a romantic stay in a listed Georgian house.
For just £109, you and a loved one can unwind with a one-night stay at the lovely Gainsborough House Hotel. Your appetite will be fully appeased with a delicious breakfast, a lunch of soup and sandwiches, and a two-course dinner, while thirsts will be quenched by unlimited tea and coffee throughout the day plus wine or beer with your meal. It’s a charming little break, if we do say so ourselves.
agent b’s pick of the menu…
- Smoked salmon, served on Welsh rarebit with a rocket garnish
- Baked goat’s cheese on a bed of mixed leaves with pickled beetroot, walnuts and chives
- Pan-fried duck breast, served with crushed new potatoes and fine green beans with an orange balsamic glaze
- Fillet of pollock, topped with a lemon and parsley crust, finished on a bed of spring onion, new potatoes and chorizo sausage with a chilli spiced dressing
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla pod ice cream and butterscotch sauce
- White chocolate cheesecake with brandy soaked prunes
See the full menu (subject the change) here >>
about Gainsborough House Hotel
Maintaining its romantic Georgian features, yet with a modern twist of luxury, this listed hotel is the perfect place for a romantic place. Kidderminster town centre is moments away for your shopping needs, the nearby town of Bewdley provides idyllic charm, while the West Midland Safari Park and Severn Valley Railway offer adventure further afield. Don’t forget to visit the hotel’s excellent restaurant, which serves fresh and flavoursome, locally-sourced fodder for all you foodies to savour.