If there is one thing most of us can relate to, it’s worrying about our health and our weight. And everyday we are bombarded with products that are sugar-free, fat-free and semi-skimmed, with advice about what we should eat and what we shouldn’t, and a bunch of differing suggested quantities. Sometimes, just trying to work out what’s good for you can be so stressful you lose your appetite!
Arm yourself with the knowledge you need for a healthier lifestyle with an online nutritionist course from Diet Specialist for £49. Diet Specialist’s online nutritionist course seeks to impart greater understanding of various aspects of diets, the body and food composition. Over the course of 26 modules, participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of food and nutrition, covering a whole range of topics. Enjoy the assistance of a designated tutor, a comprehensive booklet covering details of the course, online quizzes to re-enforce understanding, an examination, certificate upon completion, lifetime access to material, and a healthy saving of 88%!
Modules covered in this course:
Food and nutrients
1. Proteins and Amino Acids
2. Carbohydrates, simple and complex sugars
3. Dietary fat and fatty acids
4. Starches and fibre
5. Vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
6. Fluid intake including water, caffeine and alcohol.
Diets, well-being & obesity
7. The energy balance
8. Body detoxification
9. Understanding and accelerating body metabolism
10. Children’s diets and the eat well plate
11. Vegetarian and vegan diets
12. Glycaemic index, Low carb diets, liquid diets and pH balance of food
13. Religious diets
14. Analysis of food labelling
15. Interpreting health claims and marketing terminology
Influencing behavioural change
16. Psychology of overeating and behavioural change
17. The behavioural change cycle
18. Tips on influencing change
19. Food intake assessments
20. Body measurements
Dietetic management of disease
22. Disorders of the stomach and colon
23. Coronary Heart Disease and Hyperlipidaemia
26. Food allergies and Intolerances
about Diet Specialists
Diet Specialist offers a range of services including training programmes and qualifications through their highly qualified dietetic and nutritionist team. They also offer an array of nutrition services to the private and public sector, including businesses, gyms and individuals. These include one-to-one consultations, training courses, shopping tours, nutrition analysis reports as well as lectures and workshops which can be taken online or in person.