Whether you believe the legend of Bownessie or not, there’s no denying the mystique and charm of Lake Windermere. From the still beauty of the water to the mountains and scenery surrounding it, this is one part of Cumbria you won’t forget any time soon. So if you’re a keen watersports lover, feel like embarking on your own hunt for the mythical creature that lurks below, or are simply in need of a little R&R in a gorgeous location, today’s enchanting kgbdeal is one not to be missed.
For just £119 you can head to Lake Windermere and discover the magic for yourself with a two-night stay for two, including breakfast and a magnificent five-course meal for two, at Hydro Hotel Windermere. Located just minutes from the lake’s edge, you’ll be able to experience the full beauty of the area, and save up to 52%. But be quick, because just like Bownessie, if you blink you might miss it!
agent b’s pick of the menu
- Prawn and Avocado Pear Gateaux: Royal Greenland prawns enveloped in a citrus mayonnaise and stacked with avocado pear
- Anti Pasto Misto: Wafer thin slices of Cumbrian air-dried ham, spicy chorizo and crispy pancetta, served with mixed leaves, sun-blanched anti pasto and black olives
- Soup of the Day or Fruit Sorbet
- Roulade of ‘Crook’ Game: A roulade of pheasant, guinea fowl, duckling and venison wrapped in Cumbrian cured ham, carved onto a lavender jus
- Supreme of Chicken Tracey: A breast of local chicken stuffed with smoked Cumbrian cheese, wrapped in filo pastry and served with a white wine and mushroom sauce
- Choose from a selection of desserts or a cheese board
End the evening with coffee and mints
agent b’s local attractions…
- Relax and unwind in the on-site Hydro Pool with its sauna, heated swimming pool and mini gym
- Spend the day cruising on the lake
- Take a trip down memory lane at The World of Beatrix Potter
- Get active with a range of watersports
For more local tourist information, click here>>
about Hydro Hotel Windermere
If you’re looking for the ideal base to explore the Lake District, Hydro Hotel Windermere is it. With over 80 rooms, many of which have stunning views over Lake Windermere, the hotel is just moments from the lake’s edge and many local attractions and shops in Bowness. Food lovers can take their pick from one of the many dining rooms, offering a range of delicious menus and wines. And, with an all-new indoor, heated swimming pool, sauna and mini gym, you can relax and unwind in style.