If at this time of year you tend to find yourself a little unsettled by the empty space where a pine tree once was, or upset by the absence of sweet mincemeat in your diet, today’s kgbdeal is for you. The best way to beat the post-festive season mope is with something new to look forward to, and we think a lovely little escape for two should do just the trick!
For just £89, you can book a two-night stay at the welcoming family-run Croxdale Inn, located in picturesque County Durham. Featuring mouthwatering meals, comfortable rooms and close proximity to some of the North East’s most visited landmarks, this fantastic little break is the ideal place to bring back that seasonal sparkle – and all with a saving of up to 53%! Christmas, eat your heart out.
For a host of local attractions in the Durham area, click here>>
agent b’s pick of the menu…
- Homemade soup of the day served with a warm roll
- Pan fried garlic mushrooms with bread
- Pate of the day with melba toast and homemade chutney
- Whale of Fish & Chips: large fillet of cod cooked in real ale beer batter served with homemade chips, peas and bread and butter
- Homemade Steak, Mushroom & Ale Pie: freshly made with chunks of sirloin steak, mushrooms and a rich ale gravy topped with a puff pastry lid
- Hunters Chicken: a whole fresh butterflied chicken breast chargrilled topped with bacon and cheese and served with a BBQ sauce.
- Ginger/chocolate sponge
- Apple crumble
- Strawberry/orange trifle
Please note: this kgbdeal excludes The Hungry Horace menu
about The Croxdale Inn
This welcoming family-run hotel is situated in the quiet village of Croxdale, just two miles from the historic city of Durham. The Croxdale Inn provides the perfect base to reach of many of the North East’s most popular attractions, including Beamish Open Air Museum, Durham County Cricket ground, Durham Castle and cathedral, and the famous Metro shopping centre. Serving home-cooked food sourced from local farms and suppliers, The Croxdale offers an extensive menu which caters for all tastes, and their family-friendly bar stocks a large range of wine, spirits and real ale.